Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Yellow Splash Crossandra

The bright yellow blooms against the shiny green leaves caught my eye in the nursery.  I couldn't resist.  I didn't know anything about crossandras, but couldn't pass it by.



The tag said it likes "indirect light"... so I planted it under the juniper tree, where it should get shade most of the day but in the afternoon will catch the sunset light.  Warnings on the Internet say to not let the soil get dry between waterings.  It's not drought resistant.

This is a perennial, so it comes back every year.  I hope it's planted in the right area of my garden!  I would love to see this again next year.

So far, it's living.  It's the newest plant in the large section of the front garden.  I hesitate to blog about flowers when they are newly planted, because it's an "experiment" until I know if they will survive.  I'll have to update this as the plant makes it or doesn't.

Update:  It's surviving :)  It's been a couple of weeks now and still blooming :)  This is definitely not a fast grower.  It will bloom a bunch, but I don't think it's made an ounce in branching out any.  Another picture share, but it's dark, took it early in the morning.



No comments:

Post a Comment