Saturday, July 21, 2012

Unknown Lilies

I don't know if these lilies will survive.  Our dog yanked one out of the ground and chewed on the roots and destroyed three leaves.  It was supposed to be a spider lily and I was looking forward to seeing it bloom.  Now, it's barely hanging in there.

These are the "unknown lilies" because they came from Kim, but I don't know the exact names or the colors of the blooms.  I'm almost positive this is the one, that if it survives Penny's attack, will be the spider lily:


This next one is struggling.  I have to stop myself from helping it take that white casing off of the tip.  I read somewhere that it's good for a plant to struggle, because it makes it stronger.  Well, this unknown lily has been struggling for a week...  Will it survive?


Update on the above unknown Lily - The paper stuff is still on the plant, but it has some new leaves.  In the below picture, it looks like it's praying :)





This is the third unknown lily.  It looks a little sick to me.  Kim said to keep watering them and so I am...



I think Kim said one was supposed to be red, another purple and the other one, the spider lily.

In Googling what a spider lily is supposed to bloom.... oh, I want one!!  Now Kim has me wanting a Lily Garden.... and I know JUST the place to create the garden.  But I don't know if the heat of the summer is the best time to start a Lily Garden.

I'll keep an update on this page as the plants live or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment