Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Orange Bulbine

This came from Sue's garden.  She gave me an orange bulbine and garlic.  To me, the bulbine and garlic look the same.  So when a bud formed, I took a picture and posted it on Facebook, asking what it was.  Kim and Sue responded "Orange Bulbine."  I'm excited to see the actual bloom!

Orange bulbines bloom in the spring and summer.  And they are perennial - another Yeah!  They like well-drained to average soil and are drought tolerant once established.  Good to know.

Full sun, part sun, part shade - that's what it says they like - heck, that describes everything except for "full shade."  Sounds like a very agreeable plant!  Right up my alley.

Yet another butterfly attractor.  And bees, not as happy about that considering my husband is highly allergic.  It's supposed to be an easy plant to grow - again, Happy Me!

Here's the bud picture.  Once it blooms, I'll add another picture to this post.  (It bloomed - see next picture!)



The orange bulbine just bloomed! Delicate little orange flowers!  Love it!  Added some pictures below






Next picture is not a close up on the blooms.  The plant has grown a lot and has about 4 buds waiting to bloom.  (And you can see the blue-black salvia behind it)



No comments:

Post a Comment