Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Crossandra Apricot Sun

In the previous post, I wrote about Crossandra, Yellow Splash and how it liked indirect sunlight.

The Crossandra Apricot Sun likes full sun.  It's a tropical evergreen subshrub that grows 1-3 feet tall.  It's also "everblooming" if it doesn't get too cold.

And get this... it "needs high humidity."  Hello and Welcome to Louisiana, make yourself right at home!

When I saw this plant at the nursery, I was attracted to the color of the blooms.  Greg calls it "sherbet" and I agree.  It's a new member to my garden... wish it luck!!



Update:  So far, so good.  I planted this in the front garden (large side) where it should get plenty of sun.  There for a while it was looking icky, but it's perked up and still blooming :)

No comments:

Post a Comment