Monday, July 9, 2012

Summer Wave Bouquet

This is just a delightful plant!  Pretty multi-colored blooms ~ spring through summer.  They are supposed to be super low maintenance, which I love and I have found they are doing well without much effort on my part.

They do require consistent watering and they don't like any type of dry spells.  They like sun, but do well with shady situations too, so I planted them in the small front garden.  This allows for some sun but a nice amount of shade too.




The plant is "self cleaning."  Well, that's a first.  I didn't know plants could clean themselves?  They withstand heat and disease - yeah!  But they need to be fertilized monthly if in the garden and if in a basket - high nitrogen fertilizer with every other watering.

I just love the cheerful blooms and wouldn't mind getting some more :)

Summer Wave appears to be annual, but one gardener wrote, "Continuous blooming all year round in moderate climate."  So, if our winters don't get too harsh, this might survive.  Either way, I'd definitely want it again in the garden!



No comments:

Post a Comment