Thursday, July 12, 2012

Purple Daisies

Yellow daisies were yesterday, today's the light lavender lovelies get their chance to bloom.

The purple daisy seems to have a more delicate bloom and they don't bloom as often as the yellow counterparts.  They prefer rich, well-drained soil and they bloom from July to October.

Unfortunately in my small front garden, there isn't a long time for sunshine and purple daisies definitely like full sun.  So, maybe the reason I'm not getting many blooms is because of the lack of sunshine.  Next year, I might have to plant another one in the large section of the front garden where it gets more sun hours.

Below is a picture of a bloom.  It's incredibly light lavender and sometimes that doesn't show up with the iPhone pictures.

I like the daisies though and would definitely plant them again.  They seem hardy and happy.


Yeah, I finally took my good camera out and have a decent shot of the purple color on these lovely daisies....



No comments:

Post a Comment