Thursday, June 28, 2012

Pentas - Another for Butterflies


I love the star-shaped cluster blooms.  They are so cheerful and dainty.  Pentas attract both butterflies and hummingbirds :)  Pentas bloom all summer long, even during the hottest weather, which counts for a lot in Louisiana's sweltering summers.

The only bad things is that they are annuals, so I'll be buying them every year.  And yes, I will definitely do so.  I've read that they can reach 4 feet tall, but mine are so small, it's difficult to imagine that.  Pentas comes in a lovely variety of colors, pink, blush, red, white, purple.

In my front garden, I have the lavender and red....




After completing the front garden, I branched out into other areas around the house... creating new gardens.  The side garden is called this, because it's along the side of the house.  I also call the side garden -  the hibiscus garden. However, in the hibiscus/side garden, I also have white pentas.

I saw the white pentas and had to have one.  They look like stars in the sky and remind me of my Mom's pretty, soft white hair.


Even though they are annuals, I'd recommend them.  They aren't expensive, last through the summer and have cheerful dainty blooms!

No comments:

Post a Comment