Friday, July 5, 2013

Tropical Spider Lily First Bloom

I'm so excited, like a child on Christmas morning!  I love surprises :)

My friend, Kim, gave me plants from her father-in-law's garden last year.  We thought one of them was a spider lily.  It was planted in the front garden last year, no blooms.  This year, we created a lily garden along the side of the drive way and moved some of the front garden lilies into the lily garden.

I was praying the lilies would survive the transplant.  So far so good.  We thought the spider lily was the one on the left... but this morning, I woke up to a bloom on the right lily!


First thought was, "OH WOW!!  NEW BLOOM!"  I grabbed the camera and then saw it close up.. but wait... it looked like how Kim had described the spider lily... but it was on the wrong plant!  Lol.  So, I have no clue as to what that huge lily on the left will be.

Here's a close up of the spider lily - LOVE it!


No comments:

Post a Comment